How to Bake Boiled Orange Chocolate Cake
Boiled Orange Chocolate Cake with it’s tangy, citrus flavor & luscious chocolate makes this fluffy cake a real treat for young & old.
Absolutely moist & delicious!
How to Bake Boiled Orange Chocolate Cake:
Type: Cake Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes (+1 hr boiling time for oranges)
Cook time: 40 – 50 minutes
Yield: 12 slices
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Talia:
- Place whole oranges in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil for 1 hour. Drain and allow oranges to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C and grease a cake tin with butter, coconut or a spray oil (dependent on dairy tolerance). I used a spring-form cake tin & also lined the bottom of the tin with baking paper.
- Cut oranges in half and place in a food processor – skin, pith, flesh & all! Blitz until smooth. Add the remaining cake ingredients and blitz again until smooth.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from the tin or it may break.
- Once the cake has cooled down completely, dust with cocoa, if desired.
This cake is:
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Wheat free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
Boiled Orange Chocolate Cake is a totally delicious surprise!
I hope you enjoy this Baking Recipe on Cooking with Talia. Until next time …
Eat nice with Sugar & Spice!