How to Cook Chicken & Sweet Corn Chowder
Chicken & Sweetcorn Chowder is one of our family favourites in Winter, it is really yummy!
It is easy to double the recipe to make a really big pot of chowder if you want to share with friends.
Tasty and hearty for a cold day!
Serve with: Pre-baked rolls warmed through in the oven and a green salad if desired
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes cooking time for the potatoes
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the show:
- 25g butter
- 2 rashers bacon – diced
- 3 large potatoes – peeled & large diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 5 spring onions – finely chopped
- 1 stick celery – finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 300g can creamed sweet corn
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the spring onion, celery and bacon and cook over a medium heat for approximately 3 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Add the potato & cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cook for 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Pour the contents into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and add the chicken, milk & sweetcorn – heat again and season to taste before serving.
* Note: You can use either a pre-cooked rotisserie style chicken and store bought chicken stock, or buy a whole fresh chicken and cook on the stove top in water with onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley, black peppercorns etc, using the drained liquid at the end of this process for your stock.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking with Talia. Until next time …
Eat Nice with Sugar & Spice!